Our computational pipelines and databases process more than 100 terabases of sequence per month. Our core services include:
- development and assistance with experimental design
- genetic variant detection
- somatic mutation detection
- mutation signature analysis
- transcriptome analysis (including miRNAs, down to single-cell resolution)
- structural variant analysis
- copy number variant analysis
- de novo genome assembly and annotation
- epigenomic (bisulfite and ChIP-seq) analysis
- sample tracking and database management
We also publish open-source software and scripts.
Our team of bioinformaticians includes, sequence analysts, database experts, IT specialists and quality assessment professionals. Our technology platform includes two secured data centres at BC Cancer: one of 500 nodes with ~12,000 hyper-threaded cores and the other with 273 nodes and ~ 4,000 hyper-threaded cores. Each is equipped with high-memory computers (~1.5 TB of RAM) and more than 14 petabytes of on-line disk storage and 15 PB of offline tape back-up.