The GSC is a department of the BC Cancer Research Institute and a high-throughput genome sequencing facility. We are leaders in genomics, proteomics and bioinformatics in pursuit of novel treatment strategies for cancers and other diseases.
Among the world’s first genome centres to be established within a cancer clinic, for more than two decades our scientists and innovators have been designing and deploying cutting-edge technologies to benefit health and advance clinical research.
Among the GSC’s most significant accomplishments are the first publication to demonstrate the use of whole-genome sequencing to inform cancer treatment planning, the first published sequence of the SARS coronavirus genome and major contributions to the first physical map of the human genome as part of the Human Genome Project.
By joining the GSC you will become part of an exceptional and diverse team of scientists, clinicians, experts and professionals operating at the leading edge of clinical research. We look for people who share our core values—science, timeliness, respect—to join us on our mission to use genome science for the betterment of health and society.
The Holt Laboratory at BC Cancer is looking for a qualified candidate to aid in the preclinical and clinical development of novel cancer vaccines and cellular immunotherapies. The candidate will work with local, national and international partners, collaborators and service providers in academia, industry, government and not-for-profit organizations.
- The successful candidate will have a PhD or equivalent degree and several years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of and research experience with standard methods and approaches in microbiology, immunology, cell biology, molecular biology, genomics and proteomics.
- Familiarity with the fields of cancer immunology and immunotherapy are assets.
- A strong background in preclinical and clinical research methodology is highly desirable.
- The applicant should also demonstrate the ability to work independently, supervise trainees and technical staff, and conceive, initiate, prioritize, organize and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a necessity as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
- Management experience with large, multi-center projects is an asset.
Please submit a detailed cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, using SS1_R00009_2021_10_04_Holt Lab in the subject line of your email.
This posting will remain online until filled.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the position would require working remotely on a temporary basis. This restriction would be re-evaluated upon re-contracting.
We believe that equity, diversity and inclusivity are essential for the advancement of human knowledge and science.
We welcome all applicants and provide all employees with equal opportunity for advancement, regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction of a criminal or summary conviction offence unrelated to their employment.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.