What's New in Sockeye 1.2
- Tools for finding primers have been included in release 1.2; Sockeye uses programs Primer3and e-PCR; to generate primer predictions dynamically.
- Details of the feature and the help document can be found here.
- Rearrangement alignment algorithms Shuffle-LAGAN and MAUVE have been added
New algorithms for alignment and motif discovery
- Alignment programs Dialign and T-Coffee have been added
- Motif discovery algorithm MotifSampler has also been added
Set operation dialog
- Set operation dialog helps users to investigate track features in detail and relationships between other track features
- Set operation dialog also allows users to sort features by scores or by relationships with other features
- Detail of the dialog and the help document can be found here.
Improved session management
EnsEmbl query performance enhancement
- EnsEmbl Lite database has been introduced to enhance EnsEmbl database access speed
Improved scalability and stability
- Addition of indirect database connection improves the connection scalability issue
- Major issues from release 1.1 has been fixed to improve stability and compatibility.
- Sockeye for Linux uses Java 1.4.1 and Java3D 1.3.1 beta 1.
- Sockeye for Windows uses Java 1.4.2 and Java3D 1.3.1.
Page last modified Feb 06, 2007