GUM: Group, User Manager
- This product has not had a release in over 1 year and may no longer be maintained.
Web-based application for managing user accounts and groups stored in LDAP.
GUM allows you to manage user accounts and groups stored in an LDAP server.
GUM is written in Python using the Grok web framework.
GUM is stable, but it has a few limitations which make it of limited usefulness at the moment:
- Fixed LDAP schema: You must store user accounts as iNetOrgPerson objects and groups as groupOfUniqueNames objects.
- Performance: The application is only being used against a modest-sized LDAP instance. The LDAP queries haven't yet been optimized.
- MSIE bugs: some page elements do not render properly in Internet Exporer.
Currently you must install from source, which is managed using Mercurial. To clone the repostiory use:
hg clone http://www.bcgsc.ca/scm/hg.repo/gum
The INSTALL.txt file in the root of the project source code contains further installation instructions.
GUM: Group, User Manager 0.7
Released Jul 18, 2008
First public release
More about this release…
- Get GUM: Group, User Manager for all platforms
- If you are using Plone 3.2 or higher, you probably want to install this product with buildout. See our tutorial on installing add-on products with buildout for more information.