Nadine Caron Publications
- Bacenas AA, Ricketts CA, Berkowitz J, Caron NR. General practitioner surgery: anyone interested? Can J Rural Med. 2015 Winter;20(1):15-23.
- Besserer FA, Caron NR. Patterns of outdoor recreational injury in northern British Columbia. Wilderness Environ Med. 2013 Dec;24(4):397-401.
- Kornelsen J, Iglesias S, Humber N, Caron NR, Grzybowski S. GP Surgeons’ Experiences of Training in British Columbia and Alberta: A Case Study of Enhanced Skills for Rural Primary Care providers. Canadian Medical Education Journal, 2012;3(1):e 33-e 41
- Olson RA, Caron NR, Olivotto IA, Nichol A, Speers C, Chia S, Davidson A, Coldman A, Bajdik, Tyldesley S. “Effect of Community Population Density on Breast Cancer Screening, Stage Distribution, Treatment Use and Outcomes” Accepted to Canadian Journal of Public Health, 2011
- Bell N., Schuurman N, Hameed M, Caron NR. Are we homogenizing risk factors for public health surveillance? Variability in severe injuries on First Nation Reserves in British Columbia, 2001 - 2005. Inj Prev. 2011 Dec;17(6):394-400. Epub 2011 Mar 24.
- British Columbia Medical Association’s Council on Health Economics and Policy (CHEP) Policy Paper: “Enhancing Surgical Care in BC: Improving Perioperative Quality, Efficiency, and Access” 2011. My role on this year-long initiative was to bring the perspective of northern, rural and Aboriginal populations to this policy paper regarding design, implementation and evaluation of performance improvement in surgical care in BC.
- Simons R, Brasher P, Taulu T, Lakha N, Molnar N, Caron NR, Schuurman N, Evans D, Hameed M. A population based analysis of injury related deaths and access to trauma care in rural-remote Northwest British Columbia. Journal of Trauma – Injury Infection & Critical Care: July 2010, Vol. 69, Issue 1; 11-19.
- Caron NR, Pasieka J. “What symptom improvement can be expected after operation for primary hyperparathyroidism”. World Journal of Surgery, November 2009, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 2244-2255.
- Kornelsen J, Iglesias S, Humber N, Caron NR. Rural surgical service delivery. Can J Rural Med 2008; 13 (3)
- Caron NR, Iglesias S. Proceedings from the Invitational Meeting on Rural Surgical Services. Co-chair and editor with Centre for Rural Health Research, Vancouver BC. June 2007.
- Tan YY, Kebebew E, Reiff E, Caron NR, Ogilivie JB, Duh OY, Clark OH, Ljung BM, Miller T. Does routine consultation of thyroid fine-needle aspiration cytology change surgical management? J Am Col Surg, 2007 Jul; 205(1):8-12.
- Caron, N. Fostering the growth of the Aboriginal physician population. BCMJ, Vol. 49, No. 10, December 2007, page(s) 576— Council on Health Promotion.
- Sippel, RS, Caron NR, Clark OH. An Evidence-based Approach to Familial Nonmedullary Thyroid Cancer: Screening, Clinical Management, and Follow-up. World Journal of Surgery 2007, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 924-933.
- Caron NR. Education on Aboriginal health care: A new opportunity. British Columbia Medical Journal, Vol 48, No 3, April 2006, pg 136.
- Caron NR, Clark, OH. Papillary Thyroid Cancer. Current Treatment Options in Oncology 2006, 7:309-319
- Yah Yuen Tan, Jennifer B. Ogilvie, Frederick Triponez, Nadine R. Caron, Electron K. Kebebew, Orlo H. Clark and Quan- Yang Duh. Selective Use of Adrenal Venous Sampling in the Lateralization of Aldosterone-producing Adenomas. World Journal of Surgery 2006, on-line.
- Caron NR, Tan YY, Ogilvie JB, Reiff E, Kebebew EK, Duh QY, Clark OH. Selective Modified Radical Neck Dissection for Papillary Thyroid Cancer: Is Level II and V Dissection Always Necessary? World Journal of Surgery 2006, 30:1-8.
- Triponez F, Wong M, Sturgeon C, Caron NR, Ginzinger DG, Segal MR, Kebebew EK, Duh QY, Clark OH. Does Familial Non- Medullary Thyroid Cancer Adversely Affect Survival? World Journal of Surgery 2006, 30:1-7
- Caron NR. Getting to the root of trauma in Canada’s Aboriginal population. Canadian Medical Association Journal 2005, 172 (8) 1023-1024.
- Caron NR, Clark OH. Papillary Thyroid Cancer: Surgical Management of Lymph Node Metastases. Current Treatment Options in Oncology 2005, 6:311-322.
- Caron NR, Sturgeon C, Clark OH. Persistent and Recurrent Hyperparathyroidism. Current Treatment Options in Oncology 2004, 5:335-345.
- Caron NR, Clark OH. Well-Differentiated Thyroid Cancer. Scandinavian Journal of Surgery 2004, 93(4): 261-271
- Yoshida EM, Caron NR, Buczkowski AK, Arbour LT, Scudamore CH, Steinbrecher UP, Erb SR, Chung SW. Indications for liver transplantation in British Columbia’s Aboriginal population: a 10-year retrospective analysis. Can J Gastroenterol 2000 Oct; 14(9):775-9
- A Report on the Health of British Columbians - Provincial Health Officier’s Annual Report – document produced for Ministry of Health in 1999
- Scudamore CH, Erb ZR, Morris C, Hemming A, Poostizadeh A, Buczkowski A, Caron NR. Medium Aperture Mesocaval Shunts Reliably Prevent Recurrent Variceal Hemorrhages. Am J Surg 1996; 171:490-494. (Cited 1)
- Caron NR, Buczkowski AK, Scudamore CH, Chung SW, Yoshida E. Indications for Liver Transplantation in British Columbia’s Aboriginal Population. Can J Surg 1999; 42 (Supp):8.
- Caron NR, Lewis-Watts DA, Webber EM. Provision of Emergency Surgical Services in Isolated Communities. Can J Surg 1998; 41(Supp):8.
- Caron NR, Scudamore CH, Bathe OF, Buczkowski A. Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Age Is Not a Contraindication For Resection. Hepatology 1996; 24:576A.
- Bathe OF, Scudamore CH, Buczkowski A, Poostizadeh A, Caron NR. Surgical Resection of Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Short Versus Long Inflow Occlusion. Hepatology 1996; 24:481A.
- Scudamore CH, Buczkowski A, Bathe OF, Weiss A, Caron NR. Surgical Resection for Ruptured Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Hepatology 1996; 24:575A.
- Caron NR, Pinney SJ.: “Surgery in Rural Canada: Challenges and Possible Solutions”. In: Rural Surgery – Challenges and Solutions for the Rural Surgeon, 1st ed., 2011. Wichmann M, Borgstrom D, Maddern G, Caron NR. (Co-Editors). Springer. ISBN-13: 978-3540786795.
- Caron NR, Clark OH: Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy of the Thyroid: Thyroid Lobectomy, Subtotal and Total Thyroidectomy. In: Mastery of Surgery, 5th ed., 2007
- Caron NR, Sturgeon C, Clark OH. The Specialist Endocrine Surgeon. In: Practical Management of Thyroid Cancer – a multidisciplinary approach 2006, 3:121-134.
- Sturgeon C, Caron NR, Duh QY. Re-operative Parathyroid Surgery. In: Surgery of the Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands 2007, 327-337.
- Bathe OF, Scudamore CH, Caron NR, Buczkowski A. Resection of Hepatocellular Carcinoma. In: Liver Cancer. 1st ed. Okuda K, Tabor E, eds. London: Churchill Livingstone, 1996.
Co-editor: “Rural Surgery – Challenges and Solutions for the Rural Surgeon. Wichmann M, Borgstrom D, Maddern G, Caron NR. Springer. ISBN-13: 978-3540786795. Published October 2011. North American launch at American College of Surgeons Annual Clinical Congress (San Francisco, CA, USA)