Post Doctoral Fellow, Bioinformatics
Job Code: PDFB 12-12-18
Dr. Marco Marra seeks postdoctoral fellows to work in our Cancer Genome Analysis group, focusing on our NIH-funded Cancer Genome Characterization (CGC) projects.
The successful applicant will work with bioinformaticians and research scientists in a team environment. Programming experience with scripting and high-level languages (e.g. Perl, Python and/or Java) is required. Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to remain organized in a fast-paced and dynamic environment are also essential. Knowledge of cancer genetics/genomics is preferred. Demonstrated expertise in analysis of next-generation sequence data analysis is desired. Additionally, familiarity with statistical analysis of large datasets is required.
Typical duties will include:
* Participation in genomic analyses within a high throughput sequencing facility
* Maintenance, improvement, development and documentation of analysis software and databases
* Analysis and annotation of data from genome, transcriptome, exome and epigenome sequencing projects
* Reporting research methods and results in meetings and seminars
* Contribution to scientific publications
The ideal candidate will possess a PhD, MD or equivalent degree in biology, bioinformatics or a related field and should have recent proven experience in bioinformatics or computational biology. A strong publication record in the field of bioinformatics is highly desirable.
Please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org