Job Code: AA 03-17-2017
A position is available immediately for a regular full-time Administrative Assistant. Reporting to the Administrative Coordinator or designate and working within the context of a research environment, the Administrative Assistant produces a variety of confidential and sensitive documents, participates in the preparation and submission of grant proposals and assists with a variety of financial functions within the GSC.
The Administrative Assistant works with diverse and sensitive issues. This position exercises initiative, judgment and problem solving skills to complete work. Judgments affect the accuracy, reliability and acceptability of further processes or services in the department.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintains a coordinated and up-to-date calendar for the designated Leader’s appointment schedules by determining urgency and nature of requests, scheduling and making necessary arrangements, and resolving time conflicts. Coordinates appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements for designated Leader’s attendance, including Lab members at conferences and meetings, confirms reservations, and establishes an itinerary.
- Responds to verbal and written communication and liaises internally and externally to respond to, share information, clarify details, and ensure follow-up by relevant personnel on emergent issues.
- Produces timely, accurate and well formatted documents using various word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages, including creation of tables, spreadsheets, presentations and reports. Enters and collects data, and compiles relevant statistical information and reports.
- Preparation of CV’s and Biosketches for Scientific staff and Lab members
- Administration of Petty Cash
- Credit card Reconciliation
- Preparation of Expense Claims
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Ideally, you will bring to the role:
- a minimum of five years’ recently related secretarial experience, preferably in a health care or research environment
- superb organizational and word processing skills
- a typing speed of 60 wpm
- an ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- proven ability as a team player
Please send your resume with cover letter to
We request that you specify the position you are applying for by identifying the Job Code only (e.g. "AA 03-17-2017") in the subject line of your emailed application.